View Single Post
# 15 05-11-2010 , 06:37 PM
Administrator
@ Joey: Sorry, I'll just hijack your thread for a moment

@ Ben: You don't, and it's a bit ridiculous because I work 16 hour days 7 days a week and most of that time is spent in Maya. I don't really have a life anymoreuser added image We're working on the new site at the moment and you'll see a lot more of it there, I've lit and rendered a lot of the tutorial banners for the modeling and texturing section. Most of what I've been doing for the past year has gone into creating tutorials for sm, so I can't post it up in the WIP section. I've made a lot of content on architectural visualisations and lighting and rendering interiors and exteriors, it's what I enjoy most, so a lot of my work will start showing up in tutorials over the next few months, we just need to get the new site up first. But basically my Maya work is focused on creating materials, lighting and rendering, I'm a poor modeler and build only what I need for lighting purposes.
You should check out maxwell btw because I've seen a lot of nice lighting work you've posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDckmcYzmqI
It's an amazing piece of software and I think the demo is beautiful. I'm trying to learn it at the moment but it's difficult because apart from a few short tuts on their site there's not really any training for it, we'd love to create some in the future.
Personally I prefer 2d to 3d though, I got a new tablet a few months back and barely slept for a week because I was busy in psuser added image I love cartoons and I've been drawing strips on and off for years with traditional pen and paper, that's how David tricked me into learning Maya. I had no computer skills at all when I first started, I could barely check my own e-mail, so I really struggled in the beginning and there was a lot of tears here. What I'd love to do over the next year when I get some more time is to develop my original cartoon concept in cg and create a website for it.

@Bullet: It's more of an obsession, this thing with collecting watchesuser added image Just like cg they have forums and all the same things.