Thread: Animated Movies
View Single Post
# 6 23-12-2010 , 06:41 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

Thanks Murambi, ur comment is quite enlightening and helpful but from what u just said, what are the hardware and software make-up of the renderfarm

well our render manager software that we use is maya backburner 2008( 2011 refused to work with windows 7) as for the hardware our server machine has 16gb of ram (sadly a gaming card) gtx 460 and i7 980x
as for the nodes we are upto 42 computers consisting of i7 920 processors and 4gb of ram no graphics cards though

If you wish to build a simple farm i could assist you just use a bunch of your old computers.

when adding effects like u said, do u do it in after effect or in Maya cos doing such in Maya seem to be time consuming.
And what PC requirements would u recommend for this processes if i may ask? Thanks for ur anticipated assistance

well thats completely upto the fx department it usually depends on how much time we have and what kind of effects are needed but of late we had to really rely on After effects cause of time constraints
As for the pc needed for this nowadays software is gpu dependant so if you can get a graphics card with high bandwith would be highly recommended,If you have a specific budget we could assist you on the right hardware to get the most bang for buck for your cash

cheers

Last edited by murambi; 23-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.