View Single Post
# 63 20-04-2011 , 11:53 PM
Lifetime Member
Mate thats unfortunate...good showreel...the only thing I found out of kilt was the Power Loader it seemed a little dark??

Neil, you hvae worked bloody hard and put a lot of your life and time into doing something that you want to do. Dont give up because an interview went the wrong way mate, otherwise its all for nought. Take it in your stride and put it down to experience...as the others have said...learn from it and get what you can out of it.

I know everywhere else on the globe, jobs are scarce and hard to get so it isnt your fault mate. I agree it wasnt very nice or professional of them not to get back to you earlier, sadly mate this is a bloody normal thing and depending on how many apps they had to sift through may have been a reason.

As Mike says in his memoirs mate...a thousand doors may close before one opens. Sadly the industry you want to pursue a job in is very competitive and of course lean due to the economies...unless you want to come to Australia and work in Civil construction or mining, there isnt much of anything anywhere. We have 20 Irish lads been here less than 3 months....and apparently another 40 000 coming within 12 months..thats how bad it is over there..so dont take it to heart!

You are in fact a winner, as you tried and succeeded to get an interview. You may not have got the job but you have learned something..but you now need to sit back, relax, take 5 and chill out. Plan or begin planning round 2 and go for it...you are no slouch and have absolutely NO reason to go belly up and throw in the towel...

Cheers Ant

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes