View Single Post
# 4 20-05-2011 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
Stwert: do you say to lose them because they stop it looking like a crocodile or because they are just too extreme. Ive got a wierd problem with the back two of that set of three, which ive never had in zbrush before. I cant add 'clay' on them. I think you can see on the middle disc shaped thing the detail on the front cuts off half way down. When I try adding in that area under the cut off point it subs instead. Wierd. Shame aswell cause I quite liked the turtle shell like detailing on the first and wanted to carry that on on the other two. I wondered if they were too large when I added them. I should post a wip shot without them.

Dave: I hadnt really given any thought to the tails length, its been the last part ive worked on, and still not finished or happy with it. May be hard to adjust its length now,but good suggestion.
The enviroment was based in maya, and detailed in z. I actually used the sculpt geometry tool in maya on the floor, first, before going to z. The water was just a plane, and an attempt to try the transparency rendering in zbrush. The plantlife are paintfx converted to polys and exported. I like this trick, but you have to make sure you hit that 'display double sided' button when you get them into z to get the full effect.