View Single Post
# 3 19-08-2011 , 07:09 PM
Carbon Studios CEO

I'd say a large percentage of start-ups of this nature never make it, no income to share if the project never makes it. Hell half of the commercial games projects commissioned never make it. It's an extremely risky business. In fact I've got friends working in major game studios that have probably spent more time working on games that where canceled than they have working on stuff that made it.

This does not mean all start-ups that use this model are going to fail. I have been in the game dev industry a very long time and have access to the most advanced turn-key mmo game development solution on the planet.

Come work for us and if we make some money we'll share it with you? While i understand the concept and think what your doing is great, you can't expect it to be easy. Most people will not work for nothing. If they where prepared to take that sort of risk they would be working for themselves.

Nothing is ever easy however with a team that is willing to try hard and be diligent, the project can succeed. The success of the project needs to be up to the team which includes all the members.

It's not just games development, banks and investors won't lend to anyone with out a proven track record especially at the moment.

I understand that the industry is a risk however just like when a project is looking for investors, there is risk involved.

Most people have to do it with the three f's then angel investors then banks or venture capitalists. I hope your project works I really do and I'm not saying profit sharing wont work or is a bad thing I do however know from experience that's it's one of the hardest most frustrating ways to get a project of the ground.

I have dealt with investors in the past and had a whole company go tits up because the investor did not want to pay the staff. I do not wish to deal with investors on this project and will not resort to doing so.

On a side note we're just started a new https://simplymaya.com/articles/ Articles section on this site, we expect it to be seen by more than a couple of thousand people a day. If you like we will put an article up about your project and what your hoping to achieve this may help you out a bit. If your interested pm Miss_Nova.

I do not wish to put detailed information about the project on forums or articles because this is considered public release of sensitive information. If anyone wants to contact me, then they are free to do so without any obligation to the project.

Last edited by DragonRIft; 19-08-2011 at 07:24 PM.