View Single Post
# 4 19-08-2011 , 07:39 PM
SM Tea Boy

This does not mean all start-ups that use this model are going to fail. I have been in the game dev industry a very long time and have access to the most advanced turn-key mmo game development solution on the planet.

No it just means most of them will fail.

Nothing is ever easy however with a team that is willing to try hard and be diligent, the project can succeed. The success of the project needs to be up to the team which includes all the members.

A team that will only be paid on a successful project. Your asking people to take a huge risk most people will not do it. Simple as that.

I understand that the industry is a risk however just like when a project is looking for investors, there is risk involved.

Yes but how much?

I have dealt with investors in the past and had a whole company go tits up because the investor did not want to pay the staff. I do not wish to deal with investors on this project and will not resort to doing so.

Then you found the wrong investor sorry to say, no reason not to try again.

I do not wish to put detailed information about the project on forums or articles because this is considered public release of sensitive information. If anyone wants to contact me, then they are free to do so without any obligation to the project.

Then your going to fail IMO. The best way to get people involved in a pay on profit scheme is to get them excited about the project, make it something people want to be involved in. Who wants to go through the hassle of having to contact someone about a project they know very little about, only to find out it's not for them.

Anyway different strokes I guess.
Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"