Thread: Audrey
View Single Post
# 152 26-08-2011 , 10:54 AM
Subscriber

Hey thanks Dave

Yes, Im actually testing a SSS version now, its looking 100times better already without the other maps.

For the record, I did the texture projections in Mari. The reason was because I have an issue with the spotlight plugin in Zbrush which Im looking into sorting out. The problem in ZB is that when you 'bake the face texture to the mesh/map one half completely disappears as if the normals or uvs are flipped on the model (they aren't for the record) so if anyone has encountered this and solved please let me know as I' rather use Zbrus as I know it better.

cheers
Jay

I've been wondering what you mean by this, Jay...as in, the disappearing half in Zbrush. Do you mean like, when you convert the polypaint to texturemap? I've used spotlight a few days ago, and exported the colour map from the result with little problem. My main bug bear was that, having applied the face texture from a photo to the front of the head mesh, it was a pain to match the textures on the side views so that there was no noticeable borders between the two. But I don't think this is what you mean.

Those test renders look lovely. Both the colour, and black and white versions.