Thread: Hummer
View Single Post
# 209 08-09-2011 , 09:04 PM
the wire looks much better and is really good for a 1st proper attempt matey. I would work on the proportions a bit more though, try getting some ref shots off the net and roughly base it on someone. Don't go for a full on likeness, just try to improve on the proportions as they are looking a bit awkward to me. Did a real rough in photoshop to show what I mean, I would just take the base into zbrush with some ref images though.

Only other area for improvement is the wireframe. You have your edges going straight back to the ears and down from the head to chin, is all a bit like a grid and very uniform. Is kinda tricky to explain but I think heads look better when the edges follow the skull shape. This is due to you allowing the shape of the underlying tissue and bone structure to control the edge flow. I have emailed you the model I did although it is far from perfect. If you look at it from the side though you can see the circular shape flowing around the head, if you look at yours from the side you will notice the line just goes straight down. Is tricky and is an area I still need to improve on as this is where you can really make or break the model in my opinion. If you get things right at this stage the mesh will look great even at low poly counts. Uploaded a wire of that guys luc Begin model as it is really pro and is more what I need to be aiming for when it comes to the general edge flow.

Keep it up though matey and is really bloody good for a 1st attempt and I cannot see you having any problems with it.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by leonlabyk; 08-09-2011 at 09:49 PM.