View Single Post
# 10 16-09-2011 , 07:43 AM
Lifetime Member
We are working on building assets at present ND....Im working on the menial labour things at the moment and testing the interface between Maya and Hero. We have had a few ups and downs but are trying to iron out the basic issues before going headlong and creating complicated models. We need more people to have a shot at it....as I know little of this industry DR is taking care of that side.

I have spoken to people that have been so called burned etc ND...this is understandable with a reluctance to have a go. Im in it because of more than anything the experience of working on something with challenges different to my normal environment. As my day job as a Surveyor is well and truly adequate for now, to pay the bills...my time spent on this is personal and well and truly above the norm daylight wise LOL.

I will be shortly providing environment assets...ie buildings etc etc with time and work permitting. At present I am in a remote camp doing 13 hour days and at night I pick away at my models (usually falling asleep at the laptop). A character artist, even short term or part time would be nice right now...bit hard to get a building to walk around the environment.

Anyway watch this space...it is going to get interesting one way or the other. The project is ongoing and will take some time to develop and get assets in to give a clearer picture of what we are doing. Thanks ND for the positive comments...

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes