View Single Post
# 7 14-10-2011 , 05:09 PM

Yeah he mentions in the chapter there, that he'll explain the other nodes later -not very helpful as its all related here on these pages.

I'll have a look, I know a simple way to do the same thing so I'll see about writng it up.

If I were to recommend a book on rigging it would be Character Creation in Maya by Chris Marafi -just excellent. I have had this book for years. Its still available. I learned alot from it and use certain parts of it on my own rigs. I use the different parts of things Ive learned over the years and applied them to my rigs so I get the best of everything and its also very simple. You also may want to download our latest tutorial Volume 3 of Surfing with the Alien. I did a whole rig setup in 9 chapters including cloth, making the whole thing painless to do.

anyway I will look at this and see if I can shed some light on the matter for you

Jay

Thanks Jay. I should have waited a bit longer then…. I just ordered this book “body language” through Amazon yesterday. Geez. I was also curious about the book you mentioned “Character Creation in Maya”. I read the review and it was kinda mixed review so I decided to go with “body..”. (That’s why I hate buying a book online because I can’t flip it through and see what’s in there. Local book store here doesn’t carry much CG stuff.)

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I’ll exchange the book once the body language gets delivered.