View Single Post
# 2 15-11-2011 , 06:48 PM
The Nurb Herd
are you looking for a generalist role in commercials?
are you looking for an entry level job in film?
Do you know what kind of work you want to do? ie modeling, lighting, animation or maybe 2D like roto/paint, comp, matchmove.
Do you have any experience in the industry?

I like Escape, I would say it does just teach you buttons to some extent. but it differs to longer university course in that it teaches you industry skills. I think you should contact them tbh. generally they wont make you do the maya core part of the course if you have some experience in it. you might even get a discount too.
I dont understand what you mean plan shots for post? Do you mean on set advice for the DOP? Storyboarding is not generally something anyone in post production does. There are concept and lookdev artists who use photoshop tho. Do you have an example of the work you are talking about on their gallery. I've not seen the examples you have, but i find the standard of work from escape is generally quite high.
I've not been employed through escape but I hear they are like any other recruitment place. They find positions that might be interesting to you and try and get you the job. Their cut is quite high which is normal.