View Single Post
# 6 16-11-2011 , 04:43 AM
Lifetime Member
A lot of solid and excellent advice there Dom and Jay. Wow Mastone you have a bit to think about...but if you go for it..then may all the luck in the cosmos help you along the way mate. I have always dreamed of being a modeller of some sort...sadly for me @ 43 years old the horse has bolted. I couldnt go back to being a junior I wouldnt think. I still dream of it...but the money just wouldnt cut it for me...my business (me alone no offsider) is earning in excess of $100 AU/hour at the moment...and even when Im home its above $75...so my dream will never be. With hourly rates like mine...I just cant go in reverse. BUT...if you can do what you aim to do and live the dream yourself, then give it your bestest shot my friend......I envy all of you guys getting to do what you want in life...I really do.

Then again I am in a similar position as Jay...just in construction instead. I basically do models, map them on the ground, tell everyone which direction things are...and the late nights...constantly fixing design f*** ups from the clients...LOL so I guess Im not much different.

I too subscribe to Escape Studios...and yes I have been told that they are getting a formula too...so Dom is correct there. I have looked at some of the courses and they can be hefty in price too mate....so do be careful.
cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes