View Single Post
# 4 25-12-2011 , 03:52 AM
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the review CGISOUL.

The custom tab issue...I didnt feel the need to explain shelves, as I deemed anyone purchasing this tutorial not to be a beginner in Maya....it is not a beginners tutorial...especially Volume 3.

Glad you enjoyed it though

Jay

Hi Jay,

Merry Christmas!

Thank you for taking the time to read it. I hope you didn't take my review / words in the wrong direction. Overall, your tutorial is an excellent learning example and I myself learned quite a chunk.
As shown in the simplymaya page for Vol.1, it says is for Level: Beginner, therefore, I wrote my review from a beginner (as myself in Maya) perspective and my overall experience from watching Vol.1

I just finished watching Vol.2 last night and my image came out differently as I tried to learn and do a piece of my own at the same time. I still want to watch it over again before I write my review for Vol.2, but this time with different point of view as this is for level: Intermediate and a lot are not expected or assumed from a beginner level.

Once again, thank for making such an excellent videos and sharing your techniques.

I will keep you posted once I have my review up and experience with Vol.3 as I'm about to dive in soon.

Though I am not entirely happy with my displacement map as I find it quite hard, I will fix this and come up with a better map after the holidays. Still have to work on the tearducts too.

Here's my result from watching Vol.2

user added image

or my progress at https://www.mduque.com/blog/nucleusx/index.php?blogid=4

One thing is certainly for sure, your techniques can surely be translated for any future models.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheers.

Last edited by cgisoul; 25-12-2011 at 07:08 AM.