View Single Post
# 1 31-12-2011 , 08:25 PM

Modeling/Texturing for movies

I am really sorry that, i am posting such a noobish questions.

i am running into trouble when i don't understand the texturing process. I would like to work for features movies, and i want to know how is achieved to get so realistic character/environment.

When you finish high detail model, whatever is character or something else, The next step is to have clean UV's right?
And now, what map is need to generate, so you can put that in Photoshop, do hand painting, or whatever is the approach to get realistic texture, then what do you do then? What other maps are created when you put your texture from Photoshop to Maya? In what order?

Sorry for the noob question, i am totally confused, and i have no idea how to construct this question. Let's sum, what maps are created when you done the uv's process, and in what order. Do i need to do also normal mapping, like in games?

I've seen really good VFX breakdowns, from movies, especially i've been hooked from Clash of the titans, the scorpion battle, the Wizards , forgot how they call them, also the medusa battle.