View Single Post
# 37 11-02-2012 , 07:22 AM

Mudbox's biggest strength over Zb is its 32bit ability on textures (in and out) plus its vector displacement tool...insane.

Zbrush is better for sculpting overall though............

I wouldnt say they are trying to emulate each other though, its just the usual software battle like it used to be (MAx vs Maya etc) both do the same things but in a different way.

But...... Imagine if Autodesk did an interface like Zbs...you'd all shit yourselves!! LOL

cheers
Jay

Not sure I heard you correctly.

Did you say "shit yourselves or shoot yourselves? Because the interface to ZB is in a nightmare!

Why anyone in their right f'ing mind would intentionally try to emulate the ZB interface would be totally insane. But hey, who knows, some retard thought a new formula for Coca-Cola was a good idea once.

I thought I hated the adobe PS UI until I tried to play with the ZB one. OMFG! I sat there and tried to follow an introduction tutorial and the guy started with a sphere and pulled out a very basic skull shape in like 3 strokes. I then proceeded to spend 4 hours and 4000 presses of control-z to end up with what looked like a radioactive mutated potato!

I have seen the work that has been done with ZB in the hands of real sculptors so it can't be as bad and unintuitive as it feels to me but I am not a sculptor. So my hated of the ZB interface is just a personal one.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 11-02-2012 at 07:29 AM.