View Single Post
# 9 02-04-2012 , 09:14 PM
Hello again!

I tried to condensate my testings and needs into this one little test scene I´ve aded. the scene consists of a reflective object and a non reflective background plane.

there are 3 stages which show a little bit of the problems I am confronted with. my intention is to skip the reflections given by the IBL and use another hdr to reflect in the sphere.

I made 3 renderlayers with overrides to show the different connections, but just to explain here quickley:

stage1 (IBL reflecting)
- reflective sphere
- background

stage2 (IBL reflecting)
- reflective sphere (no changes)
- background (cutOut Opacity mapped in the shaders advanced tab)

stage3 (envBall reflecting)
- reflective sphere (envBall with different HDR mapped in the shading engines Environment slot)
- background (cutOut Opacity still mapped)

in stage 2 I try to get rid of the sharp reflection line from the background object.
in stage 3 the new envBall environment blends very strangely into the gradient of the background. how can I get rid of this?

and secondly the envBall doesn´t output the HDR same as IBL. I read once that it does some kind of image flipping. but no mather how I flip or rotate the envBall, I can´t get a similar results as from the IBL.

is there a global procedure how to use 2 different HDRIs for FG casting and reflection for all materials in the scene at once? or maybe just for one material working that would already be grat help.

thx

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Files
File Type: zip ReflectionSplitter.zip (611.3 KB, 277 views)

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.