View Single Post
# 1 04-05-2012 , 08:59 PM
Lifetime Member

maya application file has stopped working

I just got a trial of Maya 2013 and I have been able to register and activate it but everytime I try to launch the program I get this error:

maya application file has stopped working
windows is bla bla bla finding a solution.... gives me three log files.

anyways I believe it has something to do with the windows environment variables as I already tried deleting my old preferences and the maya folder completely.

When I was attempting to launch 13 I was getting a the 2011 splash screen but on the bottom it says launching maya 2013. I was able to fix the splash screen to the 2013 by changing my environment variable:

MAYA_LOCATION: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011

To:
MAYA_LOCATION: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2013

However I still am getting the error after doing this. Also changing this caused my 2011 to start giving me a license not found error but changing it back resolves that problem.

I have checked to make sure that I have the most recent dbghelp.dll and that it is in the new 2013 folder. I also made sure that I don't have any Python type Variables specified

So I guess my question is does anyone know if first off you can have two different versions of Maya Installed or if there is some other Environment Variable that I need to add?

Thanks in advanced

- Jake