View Single Post
# 1 12-11-2012 , 04:23 PM

I got the money, I got the time. How long will it take?

Alright!

So a lot of things have come together over the passed year, and I find myself in a situation where I have plenty of money, plenty of time, and a computer with the most current, top of the line hardware.

Now I got to make a decision as to how to spend that, and I was thinking since this is a unique opportunity that probably won't present itself again, that I'd use this time finally get a good foothold with Maya. Its always been a dream of mine ever since I first fiddled with modeling and animating as a 12 year old (10 years ago), I just never had the time nor the resources to dedicate myself.

So I'm asking here. How long would you reckon it would take me, a computer geek, with plenty of computer experience (I make my living as a freelancer/video producer/web designer) to get to a decent production level with Maya? We are talking everything modeling, rendering, and everything in between? I'm not talking professional movie production level stuff, just good enough for it to be fluid. Keep in mind I will have access to any and all tutorials thanks my decent last pay, so far I'm planning to start out with Digital Tutors, but I have also seen some very professional guys on YouTube, in order to get started.

Also any recommendations for starter tutorials, or courses would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

/Sokar