Thread: Simply ZBrush
View Single Post
# 295 21-02-2014 , 12:13 PM
Lifetime Member
Its like my dayjob Juan, very similar to 3D design etc. I have been a Civil Surveyor for nearly 30 years, I learnt Survey the OLD way, the HARD way and progressed through it as technology advanced. There are many young men and women who are trained Surveyors but have NOT learned how to do it the hard way. They therefore do not completely understand what/how they are mapping a surface/road/building etc and cannot 'see' errors they may be making, they follow the PDA blindly.

Im quite proud to know Collin and for the fact that, as a young man, he chooses to learn things the hard way first. To better build his understanding of what he is trying to achieve. I rarely see that at work, which is a shame. I am probably of the last that can still Survey without a GPS, computer or robotic Total station. I count maybe one....among 20 I have met in the last 10 years that can match me. 3D is no different and I truly believe the old arts are dying in the need for speed and production, much like Surveying.

Stick with it man....you will get there in the end. If an old bugger like me can teach himself, anyone can. user added image

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes