View Single Post
# 1 11-09-2015 , 05:33 AM

Script Request, assistance please :)

Hello all,

I am new to simply Maya but I am an avid Maya user and scripting is not my main key point so I need expert's help. My problem is the following, I have a scene where I have a bunch of objects (300 to be precise) animating and flying off into the air (they were naprticles that were made into animated geometry object using a script), the visibilty on each object is key off when they are not yet emited and turned on when they are emitted, my workflow is exporting as obj sequence and comping them in after effects using E3D.

Here's the tricky part E3D does not support keyed visibility I have managed to think of a detour and that is to animate the scale from (0,0,0) when they are not emitted to 1 when they start to emitte, but I have over 300 object each one appearing at a certain time linked to the keyed visibility attribute.

My request can someone help me script a MEL or Python script that can link the scale of any selected object to the visibility, example if visibility = 0 then scale =0,0,0 else scale = 1,1,1.

Thank you very much.user added image