View Single Post
# 161 04-11-2015 , 04:10 PM
Will W.
Hello everyone! My name's Will. I'm not new to 3D, but I am completely new to Maya. I started out working with Poser and DAZ studio as kind of a hobby. It wasn't long before I moved into working with stronger 3D packages like Modo and Cinema 4D, but I've always been dissatisfied with missing this feature or that feature. So I finally gave in to my common sense and decided to give Maya a try.

I'll be perfectly honest. I'm more than a little intimidated. It seems the very thing that brought me here is also the reason I hesitated for so long. I wanted to do some really small scale animation projects and I'v always liked the stuff that you see online, but I wanted to do some things that really weren't possible in other applications without having to buy a thousand different plugins. While I really did enjoy C4D's interface, I found that it was lacking when it came to the things I wanted. I wanted to work with dynamic hair and clothing and Clothilde is really kind of klunky on that side of things. The hair system was okay, but I found myself longing for syflex, or qualoth, or apex cloth. Then my brother pointed out that if Maya already has those things --why not spend your time learning to use it instead of wishing you had this or that?

I'm not one to argue with Microft's logic, so here I am. user added image