View Single Post
# 1 23-01-2016 , 02:36 AM

Urgent! Lambert-based textures render as pure black

Hi, I'm new to 3d and I'm currently taking a course in it for college, and our first assignment is due monday!

I have a set of textures using Lambert linked to jpg images, and are UV-mapped onto objects. I also have one blinn texture that is naturally black, but is reflective like a mirror. They render fine when editing the object, however,

THE ISSUE: When imported into a scene containing a Vue landscape (I have Vue XStream installed) and rendered, everything renders fine including Blinn material except for the lambert materials. They are pure black. I also tried adding a seperate, new Lambert material within the scene and have it a plain color, still turns black.

I have no idea how to fix this and I dont want to start texturing from scratch again, it took me all day!

A few notes: For XStream, I had to apply photometric things to the cameras, mia_photometric_material or something like that to the cameras, so that it wasnt over exposed with Vue's sun. Is this the reason? why would Blinn material render fine then?

Attached Thumbnails