Thread: Mobile phone
View Single Post
# 12 11-04-2003 , 08:28 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

thanks for the responses user added image

yes i know the good old 3210 is probly not a terribly exciting object to model hehe user added image

Well partly the reason i decided to make it was that I wanted to try out a way of making the seams where the edges of the different plastic/metal parts fix together. Kindof practicing really, for making these kind of seams/edges that you get on cars/bikes etc. and other man-made objects with visible component parts. So I basically tried extruding it, which has a weird effect in places!

Orignally I was going to make it for 3d web viewing application, but decided to model it all, rather than texture . So I was also wondering if anyone knew a good way of baking the textures on? (i think that's the right term)
Then i could have two versions high, and low poly. (twisteddragon33: was going to try out the texture of it first to see if it looked any good)

Vectorman: I think you're right it definately looks like clay! user added image I think the problem I had with it was trying to extrude on a curve, which sometimes made a weird result (though useful to remember if I ever want to make objects that look like clay)

I don't know if I'm going about making the seams the right way? any ideas?

cheers,

James