View Single Post
# 6 21-04-2003 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
other larger more estabilshed companies will almost always win through simply cause of money

Actually while ur not wrong, I think reputation plays a bigger role. I mean I can use an extreme example and say that ILM would definately get the nod ahead of everyone else and u can see what Im getting at. Obviously, the thing with these major studios, is that they can sometimes afford to pick and choose what work they undertake. Any fledgling studio wouldnt have such a luxury. As Izzy said before, you have basically got to offer the same labour at a better rate to have any hope of getting contracts ahead of other more reputable studios. Even then it would not be guaranteed.

One thing to think about though is why do you want to start the company?

Well I personally see it not only as an entrypoint into the industry but also as a means to implement a different approach. I have focused on become a professional cg artist/animator for one or two years now. There are alot of artists out there with alot more experience and talent that isnt being utilised. Certainly u have to take into account the ratio of artists to jobs and that does make grim reading. But then to me it seems a logical option to take this route. Why not create the jobs? There doesnt yet appear to be a studio that caters for talented inexperienced artists. Surely someone will exploit that fact sooner rather than later...