View Single Post
# 9 25-04-2003 , 02:20 PM
Kevin
well guys, myself and kurt / mike and izzy have already spoke about this ... I have daily chats to kurt about the makings of a sm type studio..

as you can see I had this idea a long time ago and am now getting around to it:

https://www.forum.simplymaya.com/show...?threadid=5374

So we are already trying to break into the modeling for games and other visuals so we will see how it grows from here.

We also have the magazine idea...I now at least have an idea of the costs and work involved and although it is a lot - with a good enough team these things can be achieved.

I am always trying to "make things happen" and to start new ventures. Not long ago SimplyMaya was just a small throught in my head while having a pint with Dave!

Now look at it!!

And now this has opened up a whole new avenue to explore - I guess its a fairly exciting time for myself, dave and a few who know - as well as the people on the receiving ends of all our ideas and work.

As for the above posts... 3d is like any business.... you can have all the drive and all the skill in the world, but unless you get a lucky break Im afriad its all a case of "who you know"

I attended GIT in holywood California (guitar school) for 2 years and believe me, I see people there who would blow most the people you see these day off the stage - but most will NEVER make it...

sad but true, as where the guy who is mediocre at best but whos dad knows bob down the road will become a frekin pop star!!

any way- I went of course a bit here but never the less... good to see you all here and "long live the queen" user added image