Thread: VFX for a movie
View Single Post
# 62 03-05-2003 , 11:06 PM
Subscriber
HAHahahaH. Well i'm not directing this, and the director actually wants to pull an independence day and blow up the barn EXACTLY in the manner that is overdone. One big laser blah blah(like the white house). But thats a great idea with all the little lasers killing a bunch of things at once, except it sounds like alotta work for just me. I think i'll keep the spec map on there (its there actually) because when i saw the with and without side by side (in the texture forum under Spec map) i think it makes a nice subtle difference.

The mother ship is also not uv mapped, but VERY simple geometry (almost a simple squashed sphere), so UV mapping is not nessesary. Although i am in the process of Mapping the smaller ship. Maybe you could help me with the UV mapping (crapping!!) in the texture forum under "Cylindrical Crapping"

.<---------EDIT CYLNDERMAP FIXED BY PLANAR MAPPING ALL ------------->

Thanx for all you're input, it will all help, even though it may not seem soo. I do show all my friends, but theres nuthing like feedback from other 3d artists. THANX EVERYONE WHO POSTED

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 04-05-2003 at 10:50 AM.