Thread: VFX for a movie
View Single Post
# 67 06-05-2003 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber
Thanks dave! Hey about the lighting yes, that first scene isn't done and i will take a look at it. About the haze, you really think so? I might need a quick explanation on how to do that.

I am using alpha transparency generated by maya, saved as targa sequence. Then loading into after effect. Do you think i should adjust lighting in after effects or Maya. And if the direction doesn't match, don't worry about that either. I'll get around to it eventually. I assume you're refering to the animation, because the still composites, are only for Concept at this point.

On the speed, i've known this is a problem too, but haven't found where the frame rate is set wrong...might be after effects or Maya. How do i check/change the framerate (fps) in maya again?

I don't understand you about the size of the ships, for they are they same size, and the size relative to camera distance via perspective is controlled by maya.

HAHahaH about that kid running back. HOW did you see him? The reason is this: Eli shot that thinking that the ships would simply chase the kids across the screen, and then back again. But i changed the flow of the scene cause i thought that idea was pretty darn cheesy. Is it real noticeable? I didn't think anyone would notice (although i'm sure that kid will when he watches it, he doesn't even know i vaporized him! haha).

I would like to thank you for picking this apart as i can see you put some time into it. I recently textured (well setup for texturing, i'm wating on an email from my texture guy) the model and decided to just rework the animation. And for that reason, and all you're comments, i will make sure to correct all of these errors.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 06-05-2003 at 06:52 PM.