Thread: VFX for a movie
View Single Post
# 92 09-05-2003 , 04:46 AM
Subscriber
Pure i'm sure i could use you're help rendering! Maybe with some of the smoke effects too, i'm not really "happy" with the effect as it is now, but it looks really cool! I really wanted the "smoke" part to be this realistic looking cloud, and i haven't gotten it there yet, its far too wispy.

The effect is supposed to look like this:
The mother ship is surrounded by a big cloud of turbulent smoke. Inside this is a HUGE FIREBALL that incases the ship. So from the outside you get this awesome looking smoke cloud, with fire showing through in the areas that are less dense.

Okay M, i'll try to find a way to light the bottom of that ship, it does have 1 directional light on it now, maybe it just needs a BIT more intensity.

I also just got a pm from PONY, and he wants to help!!! OMG this is just getting better by the hour. I'm sooo excited. Pure you should email, or msg me (my AIM and yahoo names are in my sig) or try to meet me on IRC sometime.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2