View Single Post
# 1 05-06-2003 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber

Converting midi to wav

ok. I wanted to write my own music so I could use it in Maya. The only way possible I see to do this is do write it in midi. As some of you might know, Maya only accepts aiff or wav files when you're trying to stick audio files in. So, my search for a way to convert midi to wav began. I have tried WAVmakerIII, but you have to shove out about 40 bucks just to get the good version that contains the wav files needed for conversion of nearly all midi instruments abaliable. I was given advice by the midi gurus at vgmusic.com to use Windows Recorder to record the sound as it played in Windows Media Player, but I can only get static out of the recording annd it only records for 60 seconds anyway, which is not long enough.

I have been trying to figure out a way to get this to work nearly all day and I am about to take a baseball bat to my computer. Why can't converting audio files just be easy?

Anyway, if any of you have any advice on how to do this I would really like to hear it. There isn't a plug-in that enables you to play midis in Maya is there?

On a final note, I may just end up buying a complete music-creating-do-it-all-machine that has every sound known to man that can save anything you create in any format. Do any of you happen to know of a good system to purchase that can do all that?

www.Darkware3D.com