View Single Post
# 1 01-07-2003 , 04:26 PM
Subscriber

July Challenge 2003!

Hey guys, its time for a new competition. It was thought of through me and kevin, started out as being a cartoon dog challenge, then evolved to this:

Pet Beast

In this challenge you are to model a pet, under your control that is no ordinary living species. This "beast" will be mutated, armoured, bulk, huge versions of pets. For example you may want to model off of the general form of a monkey, dog, cat, bird, rabbit or gerbal! You must also include something that shows that you have control over this beast, either a jem that you have and he has attatched to his body, model a whip that has cool powers to control your beast or something, maybe a whistle, glove? You can go as crazy as you want, but one restriction would be to keep these beasts no larger than an elephant, i would think. A good size may be a small car? Hope you find this challenge as cool as I do, because I will be joining this one myself! One good example is the beast off of "Brotherhood of the Wolf" if you have seen the movie. Or Red XII (kinda) for you FFVII fans.

Ok, now if you join either state that you are joining as a Noobie, or Normal entry and write like the following:

"July Challenge - Name - Noobie"
or
"July Challenge - Name - Normal"

Rules:
1. Texturing is allowed.
2. Wire frame shots must be presented at random times.
3. Various shots of the progress, throughout the whole challenge, at different angles.
4. Concept Drawing or Picture, to be presented (where possible).
5. Submit your stills at 640x480, for loading purposes.
6. Final render can be at any size you wish, and all artowork in the render has to of been made by yourself.
7. Finish by last day of month - Exact time not specified, just make sure its finished by this date.
8. Post your final render at whatever size within the "Final render - Noobie" or "Final render - Normal" threads, depending if you joined in the noob category or Normal category.
8. Everything in your final render has to be modelled by you during the challenge.
9. Have lots of fun and learn lots!

If you have any questions post them here, or PM me if its more private.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com