View Single Post
# 1 20-07-2003 , 01:57 PM

Help with Dog tutorial

Still trying hard to learn here... am doing the dog tutorial and everything looked like i was doing well..... had the dog shaped, selected the side with no legs faces and deleted... had half of a dog like I was spose to.... then I went to convert subd to poly and set all like the tutorial said to........ then I opened the Outliner and my outliner was different than the tutorial said it should be......... instead of having SubdTess and pCube.... I had only polyToSubd1 user added image
I tried to just finish out the dog thinking maybe the tut was written on 4.0 and I have 4.5 but it just doesnt work... I can join the dogs halves but I end up with a sharp edged blocky looking dog, not all smooth like it was before I got the convert point... Im not ure how I ended up going wrong....... I THOUGHT I followed everything step by step. user added image
Im going to start it all over as soon as I post this but Im hoping someone could maybe tell me where I went wrong so I know what to look for next time or what to pay attention to in the future.

Thank You, Jared user added image

P.S. how can I reset ALL the tools in Maya 4.5 complete?