View Single Post
# 39 20-07-2003 , 09:22 PM
otaku: I agree that they were both good for their CG stuff, but as for the movies themselves, I didnt like either of them. Not what I expected from them. As George Lucas once said, "You can't build a story around a special effect. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." -- from The Making of the Star Wars Trilogy

Ghost-VE: IMO, it sucked. What did I expect from it? Way more than it delivered. The fight scene was way too long and over-exaggerated. The whole movie was pretty much a "do what we did last time but only more of it" type of production. And as for the story, well... A lot was left out and more should have been added. Some was too hard to comprehend, and other parts were totally unnecessary. In The Matrix, you could follow the characters, you knew who they were and you knew, at least a little, of where they came from. In Matrix:Reloaded, most of those characters just showed up, with no explanation as to what they're doing there or why they were there.

Perhaps they will better the trilogy with part three, but Reloaded needs to be Remade.

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu