View Single Post
# 1 24-07-2003 , 08:13 PM
Subscriber

A Truely important dilema?

this dilema may actually be one of the biggest i have to stand against ,or so i figure..

some of you may know ,i live in Israel ,and as such ,i have to go to the army.. In the army we have a special region, Which involves people at the age of enlisting to the army (18) actually go to The Universty ,to study subject which help the army ,manily Engineering stuff, Medical care, Physics etc.. well ,i am one of the people who got offered.. it's really not fianl ,but i am pretty sure i can get in to the studies of - (I have no idea how to spell it.. so ermm ) studies of aerodynamics, planes ,missiles ,helicopters, etc.. which is pretty superior spot.. usually the army service is 36 months ,but as the army pays nearly 90% of the studies ,you have to sign for 3 more months ,and nearly in 80% you get a second degree untill you fnish your signed up time ,and nearly 80% sign for alot more years.. as they money is VERY decent, and its very quality people ,which i am sure is fun work with .. etc.
So it's minimum 10 years ,and usually more ,which means by the age of 28 ,i get 2 degrees ,6 years of the degree exprience and Commander exprience.. ( as one who goes to does course must be a commander, so you can get admin exprience aswell..).

When you leave the army ,as they say the civilan industry jumps on you, the high tech world ,lots of gigs ,6 years of both the subject and admin exprience.. and you also qualified for the spot ,so you must be pretty smart.. ( just btw its about 800 puplis per year). So i am pretty sure ,what i pick now will actually be my career for life.. I mean why would i chanage when i am 28 after 2 degrees? seems kinda foolish..

I am wondering, what would you do? i mean my dilema is I extremly am intrested in that subject, but offcourse i want to be a 3d Artist..

I am really torn a part..
any tips would be great..
i guess the upside of the army thing ,is you pretty damn safe, your future is pretty safe (nearly 95%+ who dropped after 10 years Have great jobs in high tech all over the world ,including Highly appreicated American teams.. ) also ,the places which the army service is done ,there are bowing and Lockhead workers ,as part of the work team..

the down side is well its not 3d user added image

bah user added image