View Single Post
# 14 25-07-2003 , 03:59 PM
British servicemen and women are currently serving in several conflict zones including Afghanistan and Iraq. You might want to make yourself aware of the facts before you post stuff which people might take as insulting. I don't care if you find the army disgusting, I do care if you post stuff which is untrue to justify your views. If you are missing wars like we have just had in Iraq perhaps it you are basing your views on video games.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frist of all. Im not trying to offend/insult no one. I´m just trying to debate on and hilight the moral consecuences of that choice.

Yes, what you say its true, there are UK army soldiers (and spanish too) fighting wars. And i was already aware of that fact ans so i expressed it on the post. "Unless you actively search it".

Dont know if in the uk army its exactly like here. But in spain only certain units have possibilities to being sent to a foreing war. And you have to volunteer (and being accepted) to those units. Rest of the army trains/defends county. Hardly you will be sent to a foreing war if youre not in one of those units. (not tellme you cant ask for a unit transfer)

I repeat, Im not tryin to offend you and i must confess that at the time i had not an age to follow conflicts on Bosnia, Kosovo, Sierra Leone, Kenya, etc. Yet i can see the results now. While surely you have done your best to help them, its clear they arent exactly fine.

The wars are started by the politicians, and personally i can see no excuse to start one.
The army then goes and does what has been told to

I Dont want to show disrespect to those that fight and die because they were told so. But dont make me talk of the irak war... (65% of our country still is wondering why our president is supporting it from the beginning) (and i sincerely expec it will show on next elections)
Just some questions:
Where are those imaginary weapons of mass destruction that were the cause to rush for the war ignoring UN resolutions?
What is the US transition/reconstruction plan for the country? noone has seen a serious one yet...
Why the only major gubernamental structure well defended from the beginning and thus non pillaged was the petrol ministery?

Additionaly
Where there any real connection between Al Qaeda and Sadam? if so, what proof of it was presented?

Last edited by dragonfx; 25-07-2003 at 05:16 PM.