View Single Post
# 15 25-07-2003 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber
I'm not going to argue with you about justifications for wars as it's not relevant to this thread. I don't like wars and conflict either, despite your implication. You seem to imagine I am going to justify war to you because I served in the Armed Forces- it is clear you are blinded by your dislike of the military into thinking we are all some sort of warmongers who want to excuse the actions of dumb politicians. I suggest you ask your politicians the questions you pose, I cannot see why you ask me, unless you have decided I am pro war, and that, while a pleasant stereotype, is both untrue and rather sad.

My point was that, before you devalue the service that soldiers from specific countries (and you named mine) give, you should check your facts. What happens in your country does not happen in others. We don't get a choice where we choose to serve so please don't project your views from your country onto other peoples. Your point on 'actively searching it' is, frankly, nonsense.

You might not like what people did in the countries I served in, that's up to you, frankly I could not care less. I am not old enough to remember WW2 but I don't devalue the people who served in it. Have an anti war debate with someone who is interested in dealing with your slightly unpleasant stereotypes, I am afraid that's not me.

>>Dont know if in the uk army its exactly like here.

Yes, that's abundantly clear. But hey, why bother with the facts when a nasty stereotype will do.

I am sure soldiers in your country feel proud to serve people like you.

Last edited by Witchy; 25-07-2003 at 04:14 PM.