View Single Post
# 3 16-08-2003 , 09:03 PM
Subscriber
Thanks - I am gonna press f1 and see what "Select faces as groups" brings up....BTW maybe I'm just slow, but have loads of stuff on UV's but it's just not sinking in...
I need Forum feedback at the moment,
[Because I cannot afford a course] I recently got a book "Maya 4.5 for windows and Mac" from library and have subscribed to 3DWold for help...(Bit beyond me at the moment though) we will have to see whether it helps....But until then, looks like you are stuck with me asking dumb questions-lol

Hmmm is there a limit to the amount of 'dumb questions' ????

I tried UV mapping a shell of a house I made, YUK! when I saw the map??? was like eh? all looks same which way is up?...Eventually i read that the UV's 'light up, so just lit 1 wall, (so I knew where I was going, and didn't have a mess of jumbled bits that confused me) took it into Pshop and airbrushed it, then back out to maya, was pretty easy to align then... Hmmm

Question :- Is that the way I should be doing it, like 1 wall at a time? Or texture it as I create it? because it confuses the hell out of me otherwise.
Or another way?(say like mask an area somehow?) or something..

Ohh yeah this one really gets me mad!- When i'm selecting say edges on a complicated object, i'm forever selecting unwanted edges or vertices whatever? are there any aids to stop me doing this accidentally? err say I don't want to use wireframe...

- Thanks -
[edit] - just tried the pencil in Cylindrical-mapping, it's a confusing sight, but experimentation will help me... Muaghahahahah !

Scraggy (The Mad Scientist)

Last edited by Scraggy_Dogg; 16-08-2003 at 09:19 PM.