View Single Post
# 41 05-09-2003 , 03:21 PM

Originally posted by M
heh, this is lookin awesome. I like your design.. its not exactly like todays games in texturing.. but you dont do that for a profession. The texturing is like tomb raider for playstation, still quite nice :thumbsup:. Those skulls though are just waay to high in polycount. Maybe start off with a 10 poly cylinder or shape, then try to slightly get form to it. Also i dont know exactly mike but the fire that she has made out of particles.. are you allowed to use that in games? Or should it be a plane that rotates to your camera angle. Keep it up though, good job.

Thanks for kind words user added image What different could be done by way of texturing? I have plenty of time to implement changes. I went with historically accurate for the most part as compared to what may be in current games as my interests lie heavily in medieval recreation.

The skulls could probably lose some polys...will go through them and see what can be done. I reduced divisions in one direction, but don't remember if I did so in the other. I also used the "soften" in order to round it out for the screens. If I shouldn't then...I'll undo that and take new ones with changes user added image

The fire was place more for an indicator of what it was than anything else. It looked like a really evil birdbath without the fire user added image If it needs to be a plane, then that's cool too, but how do I make it rotate with camera angle?

Thanks again for comments!