Thread: Me on Fire
View Single Post
# 17 29-09-2003 , 08:27 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Witchy
No but you might spare a though for your family and friends who have to go through the trauma of seeing you horribly burned and fearing you might die. Or if you do identifying you and seeing you like that as the last memory of you they will ever have. For the paramedics that have to come and pick you up, the fire brigade and police officers who attend to investigate it, in case you were set on fire by someone else, the staff in A and E who treat you initially and probably save your life, the burns unit who keep you going and make your life worth living again and the plastics people that make you look semi normal so kids don't point and laugh at you in the street. And the tax payers who pay for all that. And it might be their job but you could have saved them the time which they could then spend working on someone who had injuries through no fault of their own.

If you want to set yourself on fire go ahead, but it isn't just going to affect you if it goes wrong. And in my experience people who do stupid things do expect sympathy when they go wrong, that's human nature.

true for the first part, but as for the sympathy when i broke my ankle pulling a stupid stunt on my board last year, i didn't, i got myself to hospital (bus and walking, yes it hurt) and got on doing everything i would normally do, not asking people to wait on me because they shouldn't have to, i did it i should pay the consequences.