View Single Post
# 1 28-07-2008 , 12:28 PM
Subscriber

Expanding Simplymaya.com

Like most of you, this is one of my favorite websites.....I try to spend as much as time as possible on here going through all the threads and being up-to-date on everyones work but it seems like it takes 5 months to get a whole new page in the WIP of work i haven't seen 100000's of times....So I wanted to share some of my suggestions so see expand this site and even make it more enjoyable for other cg artist to use.......these are suggestions so if you don't like them....thats fine...

1) What happened to turning all the Simply's into the one huge site (Simply3DWorld.com) I was really looking forward to that...I remember hearing about it and was very excited but it seems like its been forever since the last post on it and now I just dont know whats going on......Recently I was browsing SimplyLightwave.com and SimplyMax.com and they have some awesome work I'd love to see but nothings worse then going through 1000 websites to see WIP's.....so I'm hoping this Simply3DWorld is still in place so that we can be joined as one community and have more work to share and comment on rather then 3 separate sites...

2) When Simply3dWord is finished...if its still in progress...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure the Gallery section is working....I mean there are some amazing works on these sites but having to go through 100 threads and pages just to see finished work... if that was in a gallery...lets say u have 25 images - 100 images per page....that would be perfect..then u can click on the ones u like...

3) can we have a portfolio in out control panel...some sites like cg-talk and cg-cars have amazing portfolio when u click on the users name to see all their works but as well, they still have a gallery.....I'm not saying be like those sites but that would be great to be able to click on someone likes Jays or vlads work since they always do such nice organics and see the work they post in their portfolio....this way u don't have to go through every post in the gallery to find that users work nor go through threads...just a suggestions but that would be great..

4) this one i don't really care for but if there was a blue print section...like an organic and non-organic section for members to post their bps and even their concept art for others to use in their work and bring their art to life.....

5) I've talked to a few people and some of whom will be willing to do a free tut for the site to help bring in more users.......

these are just some suggestions I was thinking about because I love simplymaya but I would love to see more work and more users...not just maya users all under one community...I don't know how other members feel...

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.