View Single Post
# 28 07-06-2006 , 10:17 PM
that would probably be the way to go arran user added image
I ended up doing single joint influence and then went into painting weights which simply consisted of flood filling the whole area from the joint down as being influenced. It seems to have worked apart from the chest area. I think I know what needs doing though (he hopes!)

hehe, yeah a year of learning a wide variety of skills - modelling, texturing, anatomy, edgeloops, low poly, rendering, fur (well, shave and a haircut) and now animation. Oh and probably the most important - observation. If you'd have asked me about most of those a year ago and I'd have looked at you blank user added image

To model in more detail I think zbrush is just itching to be bought and if I needed fur/hair then shave and a haircut would definately be on the list.
The next major hurdles are shading networks and MEL though the latter should be straightforward as I can already program in a few object orientated c style languages.

Here's a slightly refined update on the previous animation. Hopefully the knees and arms shouldnt snap as much user added image

test walk

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net