View Single Post
# 1 13-09-2010 , 02:43 PM
Subscriber

Room/Furniture exercise

Hey fellas! I've been hanging out on this forums secretly for many years now. From around the time I was 14-15 ish and to this day (currently im 20) I've been admiring the work of all the accomplished and aspiring artists that post on this forum. I knew even back then that I had to become an 3D Artist. Started off with Maya_PLE and some of the free tutorials here on the site. Never managed to finish a single one cause I found them all too hard. I put the idea of becoming a 3D artist on the shelf, thinking it was too hard to get a job, especially here in Norway, and that it was no means of providing for a wife and kids. So for a 3 years or so I started looking into other stuff, still knowing that this was where my true passion was. One year ago for no specific reason I just realized that no matter what, this is the only way I could imagine ever loving what was also making me a living. So long story still not that short: I applied for Noroff on the 3D Design and Animations bachelor, got accepted and I've been doing that for about 3 weeks now. We use 3Ds MAX; but the simply max forum is dead. Besides, I've been following this forum for years and I am familiar with a bunch of names and a bunch of the work related to that name, and feel quite comfortable here already, so why not user added image

SKIP TO HERE IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ A LIFE STORY user added image

So currently we're working with pretty basic stuff, our current task is to create a room with furniture and play around with textures and light. So far we've only gotten into "Bitmap" texturing, or google texturing as we call it. So most of the textures are simply colors , only the main objects such as couches/floor etc has some basic textures slapped on em. This is what I've come up with so far, there are a lot of things lacking in the scene, it feels a little empty. But any crits on anything you might notice, preferably about the things that already are in the scene, is very welcome user added image

Attached Thumbnails