View Single Post
# 1 25-01-2005 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber

Need a bit of help with dual monitors

I'm lucky enough to have two LCD's at home, but I'm having some trouble getting maya to work nicley with them.

The image I have attached shows a print screen of my desktop at the point that monitor 1 (m1) moves into monitor 2(m2)

The numbers represent the monitors and the thin red box in the middle shows where m1 and m2 touch. The yellow lines show the mouse location that didnt show up to well due to the 'Prt Scr' I did.

I would really like to use maya so that the main window is on m1 and other tools I open (hypershade, script editor, outliner etc) are sitting in m2. That way I can keep them separate but still have all the extra tools open but not using up any modeling space.

As you can see the problem occurs when I try to right click anything (in this example to assign a lambert to a polyclinder). The second I right click, the options all appear on m1 - which bugs the hell out of me user added image

Is there any way to get these option boxes to show up on m2? I know its only a small little annoyance, but maya in general works so well on dual monitors, it really suprises me these kinds of bugs occur.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
Azi

also, my copy of The Game Artist's Guide To Maya turned up this morning. Really good read, really looking forward to getting stuck into it - many congrats to Mike!

Attached Thumbnails