Thread: ScentX
View Single Post
# 1 01-05-2006 , 06:28 PM

ScentX

Let me start by explaining why I made this. About two weeks ago we had a project in school where the object was to within four days develop somekind of invention or enhancement of an already existing product. During the first three days we would have time to work on our product, but on the fourth day we had to have a ready presentation of our product complete with a prototype of any form.

My group decided to make a fan that could be both used as a regular ceiling fan but also as an effective way to spread scents into your room. Almost immiediately we decided that I would do the prototype in Maya. We discussed how it should look so I would have something to work from and then the work began.

All of the work on the model, including texturing, lightning and a tiny bit of animation, took 2,5 hours and rendering 40h. With this I precisely made deadline and all was well

I did make one major fault though. Since the entire model is made of nurbs I should have set the render tesselation before rendering, but stupid as I was I forgot to do so. This is extra clear at one point very close up on the fan, but the audience didn't mind so it worked out all well.

Now if you managed to read through all of this, first of all THANK YOU , now tell me what you think of it. Perhaps you would have liked to have one?

Video:
https://media.putfile.com/ScentX---Demo (2.5MB)