View Single Post
# 1 12-07-2008 , 06:17 PM

disappearing slider

Hi gang. This one is a bit tricky, so if anyone can help you'll be my hero for a day.

Years ago I wrote a script similar to Zoomerator to control the film offset properties for match moving. Recently I decided to revisit that script and beef it up a bit. I've added all sorts of other controls for image planes and view shading. I even tried to make it smart and hide sliders that are not applicable.

Everything works the way I intended (at least I think it does), with one exception. I've found that under a very specific circumstance, one of my sliders disappears and I have no idea why.

For those that wish to check it out. Attached is a zip with everything you need. All you need to do is drop the xpm files into your ~user\My Documents\maya\8.5\prefs\icons directory, and source the filmBackAtYa.mel file. (if you want a shelf button, run installFilmBackAtYa )

Steps to reproduce bug:
1)create a camera and assign it an image plane
2)run filmBackAtYa;
3)Notice that you can control the image plane depth with a slider
4)In the filmBackAtYa window, unclick the Image Plane Visible checkbox and you can see that the image plane depth slider is gone. Even when you turn back on the image plane, the slider doesn't come back.

Thanks in advance for anyone brave enough to try and help me track this down.

All the best,
-dann

Attached Files
File Type: zip filmbackatya.zip (17.3 KB, 270 views)