View Single Post
# 5 19-08-2003 , 08:56 PM
Hello!

Thanks for your advices. I think I've got it now. I used several volume radial fields, 1 with a positive Magnitude at the begining, and to with a negative differnetly strong magnitude after that. Additionally I've added a Newton field behind the Outburst to pull the particles back and let them fall a bit about a quarter way...

I am quite happy with the animation, although the renderings don't look too well..

I used blobby surfaces, but it takes soooooooo unbelievable long to render the scene when I use as much particles to crate the desired effect (about 10.000 per second) of a single blobby surface user added image

Also the Surface of the Wormhole isn't quite satisfying. I also used a volume cone emitter and blobby surface particles, but I don't know how to make a THIN surface with them? When I turn down the radius of the particles, the surface gets holes, but when I turn up the radius the whole surface gets thick...
Also I don't want THAT much individual particles as the surface shall look.. well... when you know the series you know what I meanuser added image The surface isn't rough... So the Radius shall be great..

I tried to scale just along the z-axes, but then again, the surface gets holes...

mhh.. I guess I won't get a nice result with reasonable render times, those particles eat performance for breakfast user added image

Markuz