Thread: Smiler
View Single Post
# 48 06-09-2009 , 03:47 PM
Hahaha, a very interesting debate going on!

I've been using references, the brain part was done using an Alpha I made from an actual image of a brain, and I've been using the reference to enhance it from there. And I will be using references for other parts of the body, I had already planned to do that where needed.

Apart from that, I don't presume I will ever be good enough to work in the industry, I'd love to, and will practice modeling both simple reference based objects (which I already do but don't bother posting here as I don't think it'd be as interesting for people to look at) and more creative models too.
First and foremost I'm an artist, I create stuff, whether it be in 2d, 3d, storytelling, or any other form because to be honest I have to. I don't really have much choice in the matter, I get bored, frustrated and a little depressed if I can't!

So if I ever do get good enough to enter the industry, at any level, I'd be constantly striving to get to a creative position. Concept modeler or Creative consultant, that kind of role.
If I don't get there, so be it, I'll get some people together and write, direct, and create my own animated features.
May sound far fetched to some, but I bet the people who have already done it, some from nothing, didn't let it stop them trying!

Anyhow, next post should be an update of some progress hopefully.....lol

Virtual City Challenge Apr 09

Spaceship Challenge June 09

Speed Machine Challenge Feb 2011

My Art and 3D Instagram
My DeviantArt Page