View Single Post
# 6 07-10-2004 , 04:04 PM

Originally posted by Jean Carlos
Thanks Exdaix!

I am trying to do with polys, but I dont know if its working out correcty..

take a look:

Tell me, any suggestions? The front and the body are combined but when I move the edges of the body, we see its not plugged...

Can you help?

Thanks..

Jean

After you selected both pieces and did a Combine, did you merge the verticies? Also, you are going to want to use the split polygon tool to make as much as you can 4 sided.

Take a look at my attached pic. Use the Split Polygon tool and split from where the red lines start all the way down the plane so you keep with the quads all the way down the length.

Then Combine them if you un-did that, and merge the verticies in the pink (some have lines showing which verticies I would connect together).

The two verticies circles in blue I would try merging together also, then in turn, merging it to the verticie on the sphere.

Also, you could try deleting your current nose cone and make a new sphere that is rotated in it side so the origin point (the polace where all of the triangles come together) is facing towards the front of the plane. That would make your life easier probably, and reduce your number of triangles.

Attached Images

"The first rule in government spending: 'Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?'" - From the movie 'Contact'.