View Single Post
# 5 03-02-2005 , 10:19 AM
I like microstation too, although it does have its problems.........such as performing tasks on solids, and surfaces, which can only be modified a certain number of times.

I love Maya because you can take a surface and distort it, stretch it,.....in fact do almost anything with it.....which you can't with microstation.

I have Maya 6, but it isn't too difficult to model it in Maya again, it's just the dynamics/animation side that I'm trying to get to grips with.

Also, I find it difficult to navigate in Maya. One of the best things about Microstation, is the way you can snap to an object then move the cursor to any area on the scene by pressing 'O' for origin, and then move the cursor with a device called 'accudraw', which is a brilliant invention.

This means you can snap and move anywhere on the screen. You can't do this with Maya.

Also, snapping one object to another object is alot more precise in Microstation.

If someone combined Maya and Microstation, it would be absolutely brilliant!!!

Also, if anyone could recommend any good books to learn Maya I'd be grateful. (not complete newbie)