Thread: Corrupt Scene.
View Single Post
# 1 01-12-2006 , 09:02 AM
Subscriber

Corrupt Scene.

Many of you may have noticed that I've been sounding out many questions recently though there is a genuine reason other than to boost my post count user added image

You will have to pay attention now...

I need to export a fully rigged character intended for gaming purposes as a direct x (which I have the plug in and works) though when I export this particular model the output file is only like 13kb and subsequently doesnt work. (Others have output files much larger). I decided to export as an obj in the presumption that maybe there is some corruption in the current scene, when I re-read the obj into a fresh scene and export the as a .x the model is fine in the direct x viewer.

BUT... somewhere between the export and import as obj the model becomes as 1 and no longer is it rigged. which is a major pain in the rear. Could this be to do with an option box needing checking? If not, maybe I have to export initially as another file extention which can keep the rigging data. I know this may seem a ludicrus work around but it's the only way that I can export some kind of working .x file at the minute from this current scene, other scenes have worked no problem.

cheers guys.

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.