View Single Post
# 5 24-01-2003 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
Hey NitroLiq thats awesome mate, just the ticket, shame they are pre-1980's stuff but it should prove very useful, hell the soddin thing doesn't actually have to work, it just has to look like it does!

Alright there Kev, yeh I've had my head down a bit just lately, doing the tutorials actually, I'm trying to get a job in games. (oh yeh and I've been harrasin you via the e-mail a fair bit hahaha, sorry about that, hows that going anyway?).

I've been meaning to ask you something actually, i've done the hand tutorial and i've been converting from sub-d's to polys and back, (so i could smooth out a few rough areas with the sculpt polygon tool), but on the last attempt to get back to sub-d's the surface got a name of poly-to-sub-d but when I right click on the surface I'm getting the poly-marking menu not the sub-D one? I need sub-d's really cos I like the easy way you can attach objects in the polygon mode like in the tutorial. Any ideas how I can get the surface back to a real sub-d surface?

By the way, the simply-lightwave site looks nice, but one thing thats always puzzles me about maya and lightwave, how come people seem to really struggle to get decent photorealism out of the maya render but every imagine i see come off lightwave looks like a damn photograph? I want to do that in maya!

"And he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck right through him, with light comin out of his mouth!?"